What is included in the scope of delivery?
- TWHEELS E-Scooter
- Key with spare key
Worry free pre-order
- Pre-order & secure desired product early
- We deliver free of charge to your home or come by to pick up your product at our office in Zurich or at our warehouse in Amden
- You can revoke the order at any time
How does it work?
Step 1: Select the desired item in the online store
Step 2: Choose delivery or pickup
Step 3: Choose payment option: all major payment methods, bank transfer or upon pickup.
How is the e-scooter delivered?
The packages are delivered by Swiss Post & Planzer.
How long does it take to set up?
Our e-scooters are 90% pre-assembled. You only need to mount the handlebar, then you can start driving.
What are the advantages of choosing an e-scooter?
The operating costs for electric scooters are approx. 0.70Fr./ 100km and are much cheaper than all other means of transport. The maintenance costs of an electric scooter are only about 20% of the maintenance costs of a petrol-powered scooter, as the gearbox and chain are not needed.
Can I charge the electric scooter at any socket?
Yes, the battery of the TWHEELS scooter is removable and can be charged at any household socket.
Can the e-scooter be driven in the rain?
Yes, the e-scooter can be driven in the rain.
Do I need insurance for my e-scooter?
No. In Switzerland, insurance is not mandatory.
Is your e-scooter stolen despite the lock being attached? This is where household insurance from certain providers can help out. Make sure whether this case is covered by your insurance.
Is tyre pressure important for consumption?
Yes, the more optimal the air pressure, the lower the rolling resistance, the more economical the consumption. We recommend 0.5 - 1.0 bar.
I hear the brakes dragging, is something broken?
No. It is normal with e-scooters that the brakes are slightly audible. With a scooter, you can't hear this because of the engine noise.
Up to what gradient can I use the scooter?
The TWHEELS scooter can be used up to a road gradient of 29%.
Care & maintenance of the e-scooter
- Regular cleaning: Clean the e-scooter regularly with a mild detergent and water. However, avoid using high-pressure cleaners, as this can damage the electronics.
- Checking the air pressure: Regularly check the air pressure of the tires and pump them up if necessary. This will ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Checking the brakes: Check the condition of the brakes regularly and have them adjusted or repaired by a specialist if necessary.
- Battery care: Charge the battery only with the charger recommended by the manufacturer and store it in a dry and cool place when needed.
- Storage: If you do not use the e-scooter for a long time, you should store it in a dry and cool place. Remove the battery and store it separately.
- Tire wear: Regularly check the condition of the tires and replace them if necessary.
What driving licence do I need for the electric scooter?
From 16 years, none. At 14 - 16 years, a moped licence (category M).
How do I admit an e-scooter?
Can be ridden like a conventional bike without a number plate!
20 km/h vs. 25 km/h
In Switzerland, vehicles that have electric assistance are allowed to travel between 20 - 25 km/h. With pedal assistance, for example on an e-bike, you may drive up to 25 km/h. Without pedal assistance, electric vehicles, for example our TWHEELS scooter, are allowed to travel up to 20 km/h. Anything above the speed of 20 - 25 km/h must be driven with a number plate.
Is there a helmet requirement?
Wearing a helmet is not legally binding. Nevertheless, we recommend that you wear a helmet for your safety while riding.