What is included in the scope of delivery?
- TWHEELS E-Bike City Folding Bike
- With battery
- Mudguard for front & rear wheel
- Assembly tool
How is the e-bike delivered?
The packages are delivered by Swiss Post & Planzer.
What is the dimension of the package?
- Package: 148 x 24.5 x 72.5 cm
How long does it take to set up?
Our e-bikes are 90% pre-assembled. Only the pedals must be screwed & if necessary the fender. On average, one person needs about 15 minutes for the assembly.
How can I charge the battery?
The battery is installed in the seat post and can be removed, this can be charged at any household outlet. However, there is also the possibility to charge directly on the e-bike.
Can the e-bike be ridden in the rain?
Yes, the e-bike can be ridden in the rain.
Can the e-bike ride without motor assistance?
Yes, the e-bike can be operated in 3 riding modes:
- With a throttle grip like a small motorcycle (20 km/h)
- With pedal assistance like the classic e-bike (up to 25 km/h)
- Without motor assistance like a normal folding bike
Can you mount a trailer or is there a compatible carrier?
Yes, you can easily attach a trailer and in the near future we will also have a compatible carrier for the e-bike as an option for purchase.
Do I need insurance for my e-bike?
No. In Switzerland, insurance is not mandatory.
Is your e-bike stolen despite the lock being attached? This is where household insurance from certain providers can help out. Make sure whether this case is covered by your insurance.
What driver's license do I need for the e-bike?
From 16 years, none. At 14 - 16 years, a moped licence (category M).
How do I admit an e-bike?
Can be ridden like a conventional bike without a number plate!
20 km/h vs. 25 km/h
In Switzerland, vehicles that have electric assistance are allowed to travel between 20 - 25 km/h. With pedal assistance, for example on an e-bike, you may drive up to 25 km/h. Without pedal assistance, electric vehicles, for example our TWHEELS scooter, are allowed to travel up to 20 km/h. Anything above the speed of 20 - 25 km/h must be driven with a number plate.
Is there a helmet requirement?
Wearing a helmet is not legally binding. Nevertheless, we recommend that you wear a helmet for your safety while riding.
Care & maintenance of the e-bike
- Regular cleaning: Clean the e-bike regularly with a mild detergent and water. However, avoid using high-pressure cleaners, as this can damage the electronics.
- Checking the air pressure: Regularly check the air pressure of the tires and pump them up if necessary. This will ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Checking the chain: Regularly check the condition of the chain and lubricate it if necessary. A well lubricated chain prolongs the life of the drive and provides a pleasant riding experience.
- Brake Maintenance: Make sure that the brakes are always working properly & adjust them when necessary. Regularly check the brake lining and replace it if necessary.
- Battery care: Charge the battery only with the charger recommended by the manufacturer and store it in a dry and cool place when needed. Be sure to discharge and recharge the battery regularly to prolong its life.
- Storage: If you do not use the e-bike for a long time, store it in a dry and cool place. Remove the battery and store it separately.
Erik R. (Verified owner) -
Today my pre-ordered e-bike arrived. I am really very happy with the bike!
Elena (Verified owner) -
M. Gross (Verified owner) -
H. Zeller (Verified owner) -
I test drove the e-bike in Zurich and made a pre-order directly on the spot. On the same day I have also tested an eflizzer, I finally has the design & the quality of TWHEELS more appealed. It must be said that both TWHEELS & Eflizzer could give me competent information and answer all my questions. I have only 4 stars awarded, the bike from TWHEELS not yet extensively tested. I will update this comment.
Mauri (Verified owner) -
Again made a pre-order. Top bike! Greetings Mauri
Marcel Widmer -
I had a foldable e-bike in the past and I have to say that since TWHEELS are on a whole different level with your e-bike. I have just placed a pre-order for my wife.
Nati (Verified owner) -
Pre-order placed. I will update this comment as soon as I have received the e-bike. I already have the TWHEELS rowing machine and now have high hopes for the e-bike.
09/15/2012: E-bike arrived and it rides very well. It was ready to ride within 10min. Will now be my new companion for work.
Urs M. (Verified owner) -
I recently purchased an e-bike on site in Zurich. The consultation beforehand was straightforward and competent. I am completely satisfied, both with my new means of transport and with the purchase process.
Zitta (Verified owner) -
Very cool bike, rides great. Love the folding, the battery capacity and the speed. 25 km/h is enough for the hills and long chill rides.
Rüegg N. (Verified owner) -