What is included in the scope of delivery?
- TWHEELS E-Bike City Folding Bike
- With battery
- Mudguard for front & rear wheel
- Assembly tool
How is the e-bike delivered?
The packages are delivered by Swiss Post & Planzer.
What is the dimension of the package?
- Package: 148 x 24.5 x 72.5 cm
How long does it take to set up?
Our e-bikes are 90% pre-assembled. Only the pedals must be screwed & if necessary the fender. On average, one person needs about 15 minutes for the assembly.
How can I charge the battery?
The battery is installed in the seat post and can be removed, this can be charged at any household outlet. However, there is also the possibility to charge directly on the e-bike.
Can the e-bike be ridden in the rain?
Yes, the e-bike can be ridden in the rain.
Can the e-bike ride without motor assistance?
Yes, the e-bike can be operated in 3 riding modes:
- With a throttle grip like a small motorcycle (20 km/h)
- With pedal assistance like the classic e-bike (up to 25 km/h)
- Without motor assistance like a normal folding bike
Can you mount a trailer or is there a compatible carrier?
Yes, you can easily attach a trailer and in the near future we will also have a compatible carrier for the e-bike as an option for purchase.
Do I need insurance for my e-bike?
No. In Switzerland, insurance is not mandatory.
Is your e-bike stolen despite the lock being attached? This is where household insurance from certain providers can help out. Make sure whether this case is covered by your insurance.
What driver's license do I need for the e-bike?
From 16 years, none. At 14 - 16 years, a moped licence (category M).
How do I admit an e-bike?
Can be ridden like a conventional bike without a number plate!
20 km/h vs. 25 km/h
In Switzerland, vehicles that have electric assistance are allowed to travel between 20 - 25 km/h. With pedal assistance, for example on an e-bike, you may drive up to 25 km/h. Without pedal assistance, electric vehicles, for example our TWHEELS scooter, are allowed to travel up to 20 km/h. Anything above the speed of 20 - 25 km/h must be driven with a number plate.
Is there a helmet requirement?
Wearing a helmet is not legally binding. Nevertheless, we recommend that you wear a helmet for your safety while riding.
Care & maintenance of the e-bike
- Regular cleaning: Clean the e-bike regularly with a mild detergent and water. However, avoid using high-pressure cleaners, as this can damage the electronics.
- Checking the air pressure: Regularly check the air pressure of the tires and pump them up if necessary. This will ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Checking the chain: Regularly check the condition of the chain and lubricate it if necessary. A well lubricated chain prolongs the life of the drive and provides a pleasant riding experience.
- Brake Maintenance: Make sure that the brakes are always working properly & adjust them when necessary. Regularly check the brake lining and replace it if necessary.
- Battery care: Charge the battery only with the charger recommended by the manufacturer and store it in a dry and cool place when needed. Be sure to discharge and recharge the battery regularly to prolong its life.
- Storage: If you do not use the e-bike for a long time, store it in a dry and cool place. Remove the battery and store it separately.
Paulo T. (Verified owner) -
Fantastic bike, was really thought of everything!
Luana (Verified owner) -
We have now taken this bike on 3 smaller city trips and it really is made for that!
Oli (Verified owner) -
Robust and qualitative folding e-bike! Was delivered 3 days after ordering.
Erik P. (Verified owner) -
Absolutely good value! I am the bike last week at Twheels in Zurich test drive and was completely thrilled. Was able to post directly one on the spot and take it with me. We have bought the bike for our camper.
Martina & Frank (Verified owner) -
The foldable e-bike is built very high quality and makes a stable impression. We bought two bikes for our camper directly after the test drive.
David P. (Verified owner) -
Completely in love with my new bike!!! 😍
Calvin Z. (Verified owner) -
Very helpful customer service! Top bike.
Florian P. (Verified owner) -
Cool e-bike! The handiness is really top, with only 17 kg.
Nicola (Verified owner) -
Everything is fine. Except for the display, which is too dimly lit for me, so I deducted 1 star.
Selma (Verified owner) -
Am in love! 😍