What is included in the scope of delivery?
- TWHEELS E-Bike City Folding Bike
- With battery
- Mudguard for front & rear wheel
- Assembly tool
How is the e-bike delivered?
The packages are delivered by Swiss Post & Planzer.
What is the dimension of the package?
- Package: 148 x 24.5 x 72.5 cm
How long does it take to set up?
Our e-bikes are 90% pre-assembled. Only the pedals must be screwed & if necessary the fender. On average, one person needs about 15 minutes for the assembly.
How can I charge the battery?
The battery is installed in the seat post and can be removed, this can be charged at any household outlet. However, there is also the possibility to charge directly on the e-bike.
Can the e-bike be ridden in the rain?
Yes, the e-bike can be ridden in the rain.
Do I need insurance for my e-bike?
No. In Switzerland, insurance is not mandatory.
Is your e-bike stolen despite the lock being attached? This is where household insurance from certain providers can help out. Make sure whether this case is covered by your insurance.
What driver's license do I need for the e-bike?
From 16 years, none. At 14 - 16 years, a moped licence (category M).
How do I admit an e-bike?
Can be ridden like a conventional bike without a number plate!
20 km/h vs. 25 km/h
In Switzerland, vehicles that have electric assistance are allowed to travel between 20 - 25 km/h. With pedal assistance, for example on an e-bike, you may drive up to 25 km/h. Without pedal assistance, electric vehicles, for example our TWHEELS scooter, are allowed to travel up to 20 km/h. Anything above the speed of 20 - 25 km/h must be driven with a number plate.
Is there a helmet requirement?
Wearing a helmet is not legally binding. Nevertheless, we recommend that you wear a helmet for your safety while riding.
Care & maintenance of the e-bike
- Regular cleaningClean the e-bike regularly with a mild detergent and water. However, avoid using high-pressure cleaners, as this can damage the electronics.
- Checking the air pressure: Regularly check the air pressure of the tires and pump them up if necessary. This will ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Checking the chain: Regularly check the condition of the chain and lubricate it if necessary. A well lubricated chain prolongs the life of the drive and provides a pleasant riding experience.
- Brake MaintenanceMake sure that the brakes are always working properly & adjust them when necessary. Regularly check the brake lining and replace it if necessary.
- Battery care: Charge the battery only with the charger recommended by the manufacturer and store it in a dry and cool place when needed. Be sure to discharge and recharge the battery regularly to prolong its life.
- StorageIf you do not use the e-bike for a long time, store it in a dry and cool place. Remove the battery and store it separately.
Elvin (Verified owner) -
Already my second Twheels e-bike. Can only recommend this product. Design, price & quality are right!
Martin us Züri (Verified owner) -
Very cool e-bike for our camper. Great I would have found, you could have folded the pedals. However, you certainly had a reason why you have not integrated them. The bike attracts a lot of curious looks 🙂.
Dirk (Verified owner) -
Fast delivery, everything i.O. Bike is of good quality & will be tested this weekend on our short trip in Ticino.
Anthony G. (Verified owner) -
This folding e-bike is exactly what I have searched for
Claudio K. (Verified owner) -
- Very easy to ride, especially at higher levels of assistance
- great value
- even if the battery dies, it's still a rideable bike
- easy to carry when set up as a bike
- lights are surprisingly good
- includes mudguards, battery and charger
- fits in the boot of my car and is easily stored in the house
- brakes are good
Tom (Verified owner) -
The delivery by Planzer was very fast and reliable. The electric bike convinces not only with its exceptionally beautiful design, but also with the technical equipment. The motor is extremely powerful and the brakes grip reliably. The bike is overall very stable, with high-quality components and good workmanship.
Sven H. (Verified owner) -
I already have an e-bike, but this foldable e-bike is a perfect addition. Just for our smaller trips, where we just want to be mobile, but do not want to take our big bikes.
Vera (Verified owner) -
Vélo excellent pour roulé en ville
Martin Obrist (Verified owner) -
After 10 years of experience with folding bikes, I finally made the move to my first e-bike and I must say that the Twheels folding e-bike has far exceeded my expectations. The bike offers a modern and stylish look, combined with a comfortable weight and a stable freewheel. The brakes are precise, the handlebar position is adjustable, the grips are comfortable, and the gears are easy to use. The display is well organized and offers a clear presentation of the most important functions. The bike's motor delivers a pleasant traction and the price-performance ratio is excellent.
I have tested both models from Eflizzer, but the riding experience on the Twheels folding e-bike is on a whole different level. It has convinced me and I am thrilled with the performance and comfort it offers. I can recommend the e-bike with a clear conscience!
Markus (Verified owner) -
Improve the following rating:
Actually just wanted to see what the foldable e-bike so 🙂 .
Then got good advice and directly bought 2 e-bike + accessories, bought for our camper.
I think the seller heist Manu.
Very friendly and helpful. Top service!
Thanks a lot